My goal for this blog is to summarize and reflect on some of what I'm learning in the Online / eLearning Instruction Certificate program at Vancouver Community College. I also want to become more familiar with the blogging process as I may want to use it as part of the courses I teach in the future. I believe the more I'm able to contribute to my blog, the more comfortable I'll become doing it. It also seems like a great way to collect all of my thoughts on teaching in one place.
I occasionally read personal blogs as well as instructors' blogs and I appreciate the writers' sharing their thoughts. As a student, I'm finding blogging a very useful activity for thinking through various topics, but I still feel very self-conscious about doing it, both about my writing and about potentially putting my thoughts out there in the wild. This is despite the fact that I don't really think anyone is going to stumble upon my blog, haha.
I can't say I feel confident in my blogging abilities. It's easy for me to link to assignments I've written for class, but writing less formal blog posts is still difficult. Now that I have some focussed questions and topics to explore as part of a program I'm taking, I have a purpose for blogging, which definitely helps, but at this point, I can't imagine maintaining a personal blog. I am becoming slightly more comfortable doing it, but it has taken a while. I'd say at this point my greatest strength is my ability to keep the blog fairly organized so that it's easy to find different elements.

Comments
Post a Comment